Castle Leslie EstateVisit Centre Website
About the Centre
As one of Europe’s finest equestrian playgrounds, Castle Leslie Estate offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. Our Castle hotel in Ireland is located in County Monaghan and is only 80 minutes from Dublin airport and 60 minutes from Belfast airport. Nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodlands and glittering lakes, Castle Leslie Estate is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Since the 1660s, the distinguished and somewhat individual Leslie family have lived on the Castle Estate, welcoming everyone from politicians to poets, ambassadors to ufologists; all the time making their home into one of the finest luxury Castle hotels Ireland has to offer.
The Castle, at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Houses are the perfect spot for groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental.
About the Facilities and Accommodation
The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It is the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the beautiful Irish countryside on horseback. We welcome riders of all ability and age groups, as long as you’re over seven! We offer expert tuition, gentle hacks and exhilarating cross-country rides.
The Equestrian Centre combines the authentic charm of a country estate with all the amenities you’d expect from one of Ireland’s best horse-riding locations:
- 1,000 acres of private estate
- 300 new cross-country jumps
- 21 miles of meandering bridleways
- Mile-long all-weather gallopMile-long all-weather gallop
- 56 stables
- Horse simulator – Virtual horse for beginners
- 50×30 metre indoor arena with indoor cross-country fences
- Tiered seating for 200 plus private dining/viewing room
- Lounge and showering facilities
- 20 × 50 Dressage Arena
- 30 × 20 Outdoor Ménage
- Sand Gallops
- SJI approved show jumps
- Horse walker
- Lorry & trailer parking
- BHS, SJI & AIRE Approved
So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, Castle Leslie Estate is the place for you. Why not combine the unique experience of a stay in a Castle hotel Ireland with a gentle hack or exhilarating cross-country ride. Choose to stay in the Castle, the Lodge or if you prefer your independence, why not reserve a luxury home rental Old Stable Mews or Village Cottage, perfect for groups and families.
Directions to Centre
Garmin Loc8 code: G6E-22-5TK
About The Activities
At Castle Leslie Estate the horse is King, with up to 30 to choose from of all shapes and sizes; handsome hunters, capable cobs, ladies Hacks and friendly ponies. Our qualified instructors are on hand to take you hacking along the 21 miles of bridleways or Jump cross country over our many rustic fences from logs and ditches to steeple chase gallops and water complexes or stay dry in the indoor arena. Try Side-saddle or even the horse simulator. If that sounds all too energetic enjoy the 1,000 acres of parkland with a relaxed carriage drive. Whether you’re looking for an energetic, action packed break, or a reviving and relaxing get-away, we have it all.
Coaching is available in Dressage, Show jumping, Cross Country and side saddle. We offer a complete range of unique and tailor made riding Holiday experiences. Visiting horses are also very welcome and we offer both short and long-term livery.
- Partake in some of the best pike fishing in Europe on the picturesque ‘green’ lake.
- Enjoy the Victorian Treatment Rooms - Its organic spa treatments offer pampering while the outdoor hot tub re-invigorates.
- Take in a private movie screening at our cinema in the Castle.
- Enjoy a true game of Billiards.
- Breathe in the fresh country air and take in the stunning scenery as you stroll around in the woods or by the lakes. There are a whole host of exceptional walks, from short jaunts to long leisurely strolls, on the Estate, in the village of Glaslough and in the local area.
- Kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous.
- Hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration.
- Falconry for those to experience nature up close.
- Trail Riding
- Show Jumping and Dressage
- Cross Country Jumping
- Pony Camp